Link to Hompage
The Author Button - Main Navigation The Books Button - Main Navigation Video Button - Main Navigation Contact Button - Main Nagivation

Friday, April 10, 2009

Matt Lauer is Cute, Even in a Cast

Sorry to do a video blog two days in a row, but I wanted to make sure everyone caught this piece the Today Show did on romance. It's a little giggly, and there's a high cheese factor, but it's still interesting how much play this story is getting. And how much Harlequin, in particular, is benefiting. I wonder if it will translate to more sales for them? I've never been convinced that the average reader picks up a book based on the imprint on the spine. Do you think that factors into a decision to purchase? Also, these stories make me wonder if romance imprints like Berkley Sensation, Signet Eclipse, or Grand Central will ever jump on the coverage and release stats on their sales to prove Harlequin's not alone at the recession party.

3 comments:

Yay! Romance sales are up! Well, at least Harlequin is admitting to it...which is the first step. :) You're right about wanting to see other publishing houses speak up...maybe that would ease our minds a bit...especially because I'm one of those authors held in limbo--But the biggest news is that reading is up! I love hearing that, it's truly music to the ears.

As for Matt, he is a cutie-pie.

My love for Matt Lauer knows no bounds. I know it's weird, I know it's creepy, but I don't care.

I love how the mainstream media picks up a feel good story like this one! Frankly, I'm tired of hearing how the economy sucks...

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Widget_logo
 

Home | The Author | The Books | News | Blog | Video | Contact

Copyright 2009 LouisaEdwards.com - All rights reserved.