Link to Hompage
The Author Button - Main Navigation The Books Button - Main Navigation Video Button - Main Navigation Contact Button - Main Nagivation

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Accessorize Me!


Ok, what about this combo as a possible replacement for the too-long necklace? I like the hammered metal look, but they're not made by the same person, so I worry that the gold won't match, color-wise. Think that matters?

It's been so long since I bought jewelry for myself! I'm a little giddy. Normally, I make Nick do it. As Oscar Wilde says, "One should never give a woman anything she can't wear in the evening." And I hold Nick to that. But there's a special thrill in having money of your own, and spending it on something sparkly and frivolous. I got paid for my first big freelance writing job a few months ago, and didn't spend the money on myself.

Well, I'm making up for it now! If you want to help me spend my money (and what kind of friends would you be if you didn't?), weigh in with an opinion. To see the dress this jewelry will be worn with, go here, and imagine it with three times the cleavage. The second jewelry option is the earrings I already have, in gold, and this necklace:

6 comments:

I always vote sparkly. And since your dress doesn't have any adornments, I think you should definitely go with the bling. The hammered stuff is nice, but maybe too simple for the event.

I'm a sucker for all things diamonds. So they've got my vote.

What's the event and outfit for? That depends on how much cleavage and bling to bring. But really, I don't think you can every have enough of both.

I say the hammered gold earrings, no necklace, and a fabulous bracelet (or set of bangles).

The earrings will show off your neck and great haircut, and the bracelets will emphasize your dainty little hands.

Your cleavage needs no assistance.

The event is a book launch party in Boston. There will be industry professionals there, but it's mostly a social gathering, I believe. I love the hammered gold earrings, but a lot will depend on how heavy they are. If I feel like I'll be aware of them all night long, I won't be able to deal.

Ooooh! They're all pretty! I like white gold/platinum/silver myself so I'd bend more towards that. But the designs on the others are just as nice!

Louisa I'll see you at the party too! Wow. Can't wait to see the pick. Oh and I tagged you. You're it.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Widget_logo
 

Home | The Author | The Books | News | Blog | Video | Contact

Copyright 2009 LouisaEdwards.com - All rights reserved.