Link to Hompage
The Author Button - Main Navigation The Books Button - Main Navigation Video Button - Main Navigation Contact Button - Main Nagivation

Friday, January 16, 2009

And Happy New Year!

Okay, so I'm a little late. Would it surprise anyone to know that one of my New Year's resolutions was to blog more regularly? Probably not. Anyway, I don't actually count New Year's resolutions as starting until about mid-February, because that's how long it takes me to remember them on a day-to-day basis, so I figure I'm still golden.

In the meantime, let's catch up! Here's an itemized list of what's happening in Louisa Land.

Current Work: revisions on CAN'T STAND THE HEAT and writing forward on a sooper seekrit project that is as yet unnamed and still totally jinxable, which is why it's designated 'sooper seekrit'.
Current Music: I've been really into David Bowie recently, along with Dusty Springfield, Lou Reed, Patsy Cline, and the Killers.
Current TV on DVD Obsession: This is actually a two-parter, because yes, I'm that much of an addictive personality. 1) A revived and ongoing obsession with Supernatural that has grown so large that is has actually sucked Stinger into its orbit. That's right, my geekiness is contagious. What? And to prove it is my second obsession, 2) The Big Bang Theory. Specifically, Sheldon. I've watched exactly 6 episodes and I'm in love. If you haven't seen this show, it's a sitcom that involves a couple of physics prodigies whose world is turned upside down when a pretty girl moves in across the hall. This turns out to be a precise and efficient equation yielding consistently hilarious results. And I kind of want to go back to school and study physics, just in case I ever meet Sheldon so I can make him fall in love with me. There, I said it.
Current Food: Well, what's in my mouth right now is a mentholated Halls cough drop, which I've been popping like candy even though I'm not sick, but my most recent forays in the kitchen have included: Chicken Gratin with Mushrooms and Leeks; Thomas Keller's Salmon with Leeks and Beurre Blanc (delicious!); and experimenting with my stovetop to get the perfect soft-boiled egg.
Current Mood: Good! I think I've finally overcome the lethargy that always overtakes me after the holidays and am ready to get back to working out and revising and writing and going to the grocery store and stuff. And blogging! Right, that too.

13 comments:

I have been in love with The Big Bang Theory since its inception. In my opinion, it's one of the smartest, funniest, best written shows currently on.

Nice to see you blogging again. Way to rock the resolutions.

I totally agree with both of you on Big Bang. HEEE-larious.

I want it to be on every night, and sometimes during the day, too. Like when I'm doing laundry would be good. Also, Sheldon is my soul mate and we WILL be together.

Don't tell Stinger I said that.

*poke* What are you reading? What kind of a writer are you that you forget the book stuff? ;-)

Gotta save something to blog about tomorrow, Nephele!

I'm going to have to give The Big Bang Theory a try. I adore geeks (probably why I married one!)

Geek is the new black.

Oooh, I LOVES Supernatural! I'm watching last night's episode again right now. In fact, we just launched a blog where we revel in our obsession. Check it out!

http://supernaturalsisters.blogspot.com/

Geek is the new black?

LOL!

Dig the sexual tension between Sheldon and Penny. Love the blog, BTW - and February babies are the best, just when they (and you are ready to venture out), it's spring!

What's wrong with the occasional blog anyway? :) I believe that moderation is the key.
btw...Happy New Year to you too! :)

I'll have to check out The Big Bang Theory. I see it advertised all the time. It looks funny.

Coming soon is the return of "my" television obsession...Burn Notice.
Do you ever watch it?
L

Thanks for the Supernatural Sisters link, but I'm afraid to look at it yet. Stinger and I are not current with the new season, although we're working on it!

DEFINITELY don't go, if you're not through the current season!

I think this season is the strongest yet.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Widget_logo
 

Home | The Author | The Books | News | Blog | Video | Contact

Copyright 2009 LouisaEdwards.com - All rights reserved.