Link to Hompage
The Author Button - Main Navigation The Books Button - Main Navigation Video Button - Main Navigation Contact Button - Main Nagivation

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Underappreciated Actor of the Week





Will Arnett


The hilariously intense, raspy-voiced Arnett is probably best known for (or at least, I first noticed him in) his role as George "Gob" Bluth, III. That's "Gob" pronounced "Job", as in biblically-speaking. When asked about the experience of working on Arrested Development, he said of the pilot that it was "the best I ever read--and I hope that insults every other pilot I worked on."

His style is over the top comedy with a straight face, and there's something about him that totally cracks me up. And for some reason, I find him completely sexy, even when he's at his most ridiculous.

He's hysterical as Amy Poehler's figure skating partner/brother in Blades of Glory; he's appeared as a gay executive with a letch for Page Kenneth on 30 Rock. IMDB lists multiple upcoming performances to look forward to, most notably the voice of super-car K.I.T.T on a new TV remake of Knight Rider. Here's hoping The Hoff will at least be making a cameo!

Some fun Will Arnett trivia, courtesy of IMDB:

Good pal of screenwriter/playwright Dave McLaughlin. One of Will's first screen roles was in McLaughlin's Southie (1998).

Speaks fluent French.

Attended French-speaking schools in Toronto.

Does voice-over work for GMC trucks and Lamasil tablets.

See, we're perfect for each other! I speak French! I...haven't been to Toronto, but it's on my list! And I don't have nail fungus, but if I did, I'm sure Lamisil would clear it right up! Too bad he's married to Amy Poehler in real life. And Penelope Ann Miller before her, but we won't get into that. He traded up, that's all we need to say.



6 comments:

I love everything about Will Arnett except for the orange-y bronzer he's wearing in that headshot.

And then there's the whole thing where you're married too. You know, that.

Dude, you're it. See my blog for details.

Yes, David Hasselhoff is going to appear in the new TV series. They've already filmed some of his scenes.

He is funny. So funny.

And you need to come to Toronto to visit me, soon!

I can't believe you know that, Nephele!

Maureen, if you promise to show me around, I'm on the next plane.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Widget_logo
 

Home | The Author | The Books | News | Blog | Video | Contact

Copyright 2009 LouisaEdwards.com - All rights reserved.